I am not a generally crafty person. You will not find my home filled with lovely things that I have made. I don't give out homemade gifts often, I am fairly artistically challenged and I never would have thought of this without Pinterest. That being said, I think they came out pretty fantastic and I love seeing the pieces move from one jar to another. All that being said, here is how I made my jars...
Misty's Weight Loss Motivational Jars
- Acrylic "Ice" in pink - One for every pound lost
- Acrylic "Ice" in aqua - One for every 5 pounds lost
- Acrylic "Ice" in clear - One for every 10 pounds lost
- 2 - 6" Cylinder Vases - Found at Walmart for .99 cents
- Pink Glitter Letter Stickers - Enough to spell the phrases you want on your jars
- 1 Large Pocket Stone - engraved with the work "Believe" found on Etsy.
- Count out the needed Acrylic "Ice" pieces needed, mix them well and set them aside. In my case I counted out 155 pink, 31 aqua and, 15 clear
- Decide on the sayings you will use on your Vase and stick on your Letter Stickers. I used the words "Pounds Left" and "Pounds Gone" on mine.
- Place the Pocket Stone in the bottom of the "Pounds Left" jar in a position that you can see it when the jar is full. leaned my stone towards the front on the vase and then filled around it.
- Add your Acrylic "Ice" pieces to your "Pounds Left" jar.
- Move the appropriate pieces to your "Pounds Lost" jar. I moved 17 pink pieces, 3 aqua pieces and, 1 clear piece to my lost jar.
- Place your jars in a prominent place that you will see everyday. For me that meant on the entertainment center under the TV.
That's it! The whole thing was very simple and I just love the way they look. Now, even if I can't see a difference in me, I can look at those jars and know that the pounds are still moving and I am still moving towards my goal. All in all, I think that I did a pretty good job with my project and look forward to watching the "Pounds Lost" jar fill up and the new me revealed!
|All my materials|
|Showing my pocket stone in the bottom|
|Instead on pounds to lose I chose the words Pounds Left.|
I just felt it was a little more motivational
|Using "Pounds Gone" reminds me that I am not "losing"|
but getting rid of pounds. They are GONE. I am
never going to find them again!
|These are the jars I saw on Pinterest that got the idea|
going in my head
What motivational ideas have you come up with to reach your goals?
Are you enjoying my posts? Follow me on FACEBOOK for more!