- At my weight, the numbers need to be going down. Yes, inches and muscle gain are positives but, my weight needs to come down too.
- It's easier to show my progress to everyone if I measure my successes by pounds. If I only focused on inches, or clothing size, I would always get the question: "That's great but, how many pounds have you lost?"
All of this is not to say the scale is the only way I am measuring my losses. I celebrate my NSV's (Non-scale Victories) on my FACEBOOK page all the time! Here is what I have celebrated so far:
- 9/17/2013 - Great NSV (non-scale victory) today! I put on a gray shirt that was too tight in the arms and pulled across my belly just a month ago and now, it slipped right over my arms and hangs loosely over my belly! So exciting for me since I wasn't really feeling any difference in my body. Sometimes, the small things are the most important!
- 9/21/2013 - I love non scale victories! Today I have two!
1. I had to wear a belt to keep my pants from falling down and sagging!! That is the first time in many years!
2. My nephew put my clothes in the dryer and I NEVER dry my shirts. I pulled one out just sure it wouldn't fit and... IT FIT!!
Hurray for non scale victories!
- 10/9/2013 - I forgot to post this one the other day and, I think it's because I had a hard time considering it a victory. I had to buy two new bras in a smaller size!
- 10/16/2013 - Another non-scale victory today! I went to scratch an itch on the side of my neck and felt something weird.... the ligaments and muscles in my neck! They've been covered by a layer of fat so long it kind of scared me for a second!
- 10/16/2013 - Two NSV's in one day? What is the world coming to? Anywho... I was standing in front of the mirror in my bathroom smearing henna in my hair and wearing my workout
- 10/23/2013 - I
haven't been able to wear my wedding ring for over a week now because it
kept falling off randomly and I would only notice because I would hear
it hit the ground (I don't have much feeling in my left hand since my
injury)! This is frustrating to me! I couldn't wear it for my wedding
because my hand was in a cast and now, I can't wear it because it's too
Sorry for the vent, this should probably be a non-scale victory but I'm having a hard time seeing it that way.
All of this really comes down to two things: I will continue to use the scale as my primary tool for measurement but I promise to spend more time celebrating my NSV's too!
Are you enjoying my posts? Follow me on FACEBOOK for more!