That's the actual definition of motivation, but what does motivation mean to me? Different things at different times. This year, I would like to get to a goal weight of 170lbs by Thanksgiving. So, what is out there to keep me motivated to reach this goal this year?
- A trip to Hawaii for my mother and father in laws 50th anniversary. Yes, I have amazing in laws and they are taking all of their kids and spouses with them on a 15 day cruise! I also will get to see my Aunt Misty whom I haven't seen for years. I am so excited about this I can hardly wait! I will NOT be the biggest person in the pictures this time!
- This blog! Truly! Writing this blog keeps my weight loss in the front of my mind constantly, and also keeps me honest. I know there are people out there watching me, and I don't want to let them down.
- My FACEBOOK page. I have people watching what I am doing every day, and they help me keep accountable, and on track.
- To be honest, my vanity is motivation too. I'll admit it, I like the attention that I receive for being successful. The praise makes me what to continue to do a good job.
- Reading about others out there doing their thing. I love reading blogs and FACEBOOK pages that show other people out there doing the same thing I am, losing weight and getting healthy.
What is your motivation to reach your goals this year?
I've got a new challenge going this month! Ready... set... PLANK!! Yep, planks. They suck, we all know they suck, but man do they make your muscles burn! It's not to late to join me it you want to jump in!
Are you enjoying my posts? Follow me on FACEBOOK for more!